Data Widgets introduction
Data widgets is new functionality available in PRO edition, released in versions 2.3.4 (BETA) and 2.4.0 (RELEASE). Data widgets are set of widgets (user interface elements displaying data).
Each widget is displaying result of query. Query can depend on parameters and on underlying object primary key.
The simplest widget is widget showing all values of all column in current row. This widget is supported by default, it is available in "Object lookup" tool, as in following screenshot.
You can create custom widget, which shows some details from table row. It is available in table context menu.
Widget designer is started. In this designer, you can write your SQL command, which is executed, when widget data are required. SQL command is dependend on variable @value, which is filled with value of
primary key column.
By default, the predefined query returns the some result as "Columns" widget. In fact, columns widget is implemented with this query.
SELECT * FROM [dbo].[Customer] where [CustomerId]=@value
We have a little bit modified this query. We have displayed only some colums, there are grouped by category (ID, Names).
The result you can see in "Preview" pane.
select 'ID' as SetGroup
SELECT CustomerId FROM [dbo].[Customer] where [CustomerId]=@value
select 'Names' as SetGroup
SELECT FirstName, LastName FROM [dbo].[Customer] where [CustomerId]=@value
SQL Database Studio supports 3 types of widgets:
- Properties widget - grouped name/value collection
- Grid widget - shows data in grid, with filtering and sorting
- Map widget - shows data geographical data (polygons, lines, points) OpenStreetMap map
Datawidget can be also parametrized with following types of parameters:
- Text - any text
- Integer - integer number
- DateTime - date and time (with selection in calendar)
- TimeInterval - time interval between to dates (with selection in calendar and some predefined intervals - today, yesterday, last week etc.)